We provide this privacy statement explaining our online information practices, so that you can decide whether and how to interact with the Site and the Services.
We may release your information when we deem it appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Information We collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. This site collects certain user information, which may include a username and password, contact information, or any other data that you type in to the site. It may also identify your IP address to help identify you on future visits to the site.
How and Why We Use Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- Personalize the user experience and/or customer service
- Improve the site
- To process transactions
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature or function
- To market our Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program
- Help the site owner operate and manage the site,
The site will only share such user data with these third parties in the aggregate, using collected data reporting on user activity and data that the site collects, but not identifying individual users. Information limited to or identifying individual site users will not be shared.
We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you. We do so with limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it and we’re not legally required to keep it.
Your Rights over your Data
If you have placed an order or have created an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it. The CCPA also requires us to provide a list of the “categories” of personal information we collect, as that term is defined in the law.
- Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Commercial information (your billing information and purchase history, for example);
- Characteristics protected by law (for example, you might provide your gender as part of a research survey for us);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your usage of our Services, like the actions you take on the website);
- Geolocation data (such as your location based on your IP address);
- Electronic, visual or similar information (such as your social media profile picture if you have created an account);
- Professional or employment-related information (for example, the company you work for and team information); and
Inferences we make (such as likelihood of retention or attrition).
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent — for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on, as described in our Cookies Policy section.
Mobile Device Privacy
The following applies to our site, when viewed on a mobile device:
When accessed with a mobile deivce, our site may collect information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you have, device identifiers, and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content.
If location services are activated on your mobile device, our site may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account with us, or with your personally identifiable information.
Protection of user information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you share with the site.
In most Internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the Site may not operate properly.
Usernames, Passwords, and Profiles
If prompted, Users must provide a valid email address to the Site, at which the User can receive messages. User must also update the Site if that email address changes. The Site reserves the right to terminate any User account if a valid email is requested but is not provided by the User.
If the Site prompts or allows a User to create a username or profile, Users agree not to pick a username or provide any profile information that would impersonate someone or that is likely to cause confusion with any other person or entity. The Site reserves the right to cancel a User account or change a username or profile data at any time. Similarly, if the Site prompts or allows a User to create an avatar or upload a picture, User agrees not to use any image that impersonates some other person or entity, or that is otherwise likely to cause confusion.
You are responsible for protecting your username and password for the Site, and you agree not to disclose it to any third party. We recommend that you use a password that is more than eight characters long. You are responsible for all activity on your account, whether or not you authorized it. You agree to inform us of unauthorized use of your account, by email to Dan@thepotteryfactory.com. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your interactions the Site, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection, virtual private network, or other appropriate measures.
We are based in and you are contracting to use our Site. This Policy and all matters arising from your use of the Site are governed by and will be construed according to the laws of , without regard to any choice of laws rules of any jurisdiction. The federal courts and state courts that have geographical jurisdiction over disputes arising at our office location in will be the only permissible venues for any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy or the Site and Service.
Notwithstanding anything that may be contrary within the “Disputes” provisions above, all matters, and all claims within a multi-claim matter, that are arbitrable, including all claims for monetary damages, shall be decided by a single arbitrator to be selected by us, who shall hold hearings in or near , under the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please address them to Dan@thepotteryfactory.com.
- These terms were updated on February 22, 2018
- These terms were updated on October 25, 2021